Sunday, March 3, 2013

Adventures in...basketball?

Guys are still here, still trapped by the weather.  I am still pumping, playing my usual role of postpartum cow.  I love my pump...my pump is my friend.  I will be pumping for awhile after the Candian goes home, donating to a family that has a ten month old that cannot tolerate formula and is tube fed.  This will be the third time that I have donated milk postpartum after my surrogate baby has gone home.  So that's the only updates I have.  I guess the surrogacy updates are done for good, other than pictures of the kids as they continue to grow. 


So what will I bore you with?  Well currently it's basketball.  The JV season has ended and we have moved on to just varsity games.  They won the District championship last night.  Photo attached.  I can't tell you how many years we have been to games and the boy has been dying to be out there on the court, cutting down the net after a big win.  Last night he got his chance.  He has certainly worked hard enough for it.  When many kids are sitting around playing video games or watching TV, he's shooting baskets.  His summer is planned for him already and involves 3 day a week workouts in the weight room and three day a week basketball drills in the gym.  Last night his smile was dazzling...it's nice when hard work pays off for kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment