Sunday, April 7, 2013

Member of the club

http://www.rastalesstraveled.com/2013/04/falling-gently.html

Bernadette's posts make me cry every time I read them.  Part of it is that she is an amazingly descriptive writer.  But part of it is that she and I are members of a club that no mother ever wants to be a member of.   We both lost children way too early.  Samantha would be 18 this year.  I go weeks without ever thinking of her but whenever I go past a softball game or a gymnastics meet or a girls clothing store I wonder who she would have been.  I have five kids and have given birth to six kids for others.  My heart is full and always will be, but there will also always be a hole in it, an area of sadness for the only biological daughter I ever had. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine your or Bernadette and your family's pain. I really can not. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete