Friday, December 6, 2013

Or not?

The verdict on the knee is a tiny tear in the meniscus.  It will not hurt him to play with it that way, it's just if he can tolerate the pain.  He seems to have my pain tolerance (have C-section on Friday, leave hospital on Saturday, drive myself home in manual transmission car, go back to work on Monday) so he has decided to play as long as he can and then get it fixed in the off season.  I agreed to this only because the doctor says it won't do further damage to the knee if he continues to play with it injured.  He has adapted to the pain enough now where he no longer even takes ibuprofen.  I will have to have a talk with him about our weird pain tolerance...while it seems like a blessing and in most ways it is, in some ways it's not good because we don't have pain to warn us off from things in the way that normal people do. 

So that's that.  I took a day off from everything today and had grand plans but as usual, I've done absolutely nothing.  I can't resist the lure of a lazy day at home sometimes. 

Guys are still wanting a sibling.  I am still on the fence.  I got a gorgeous Christmas card from the Swedes.  Not much else going on here.  Basketball is our life right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment