Thursday, August 5, 2010

Confessions of a bad blogger

I used to be such a good blogger....back in the good old days. Now I have no funny insights and few funny stories so I have become a bad blogger. My life seems too boring to blog about. I work, I gestate, I eat, I sleep. Rinse and repeat. Day after day after day. But just for grins, here's how life is right now.

The fetus: is growing right on schedule. I had my third appointment with the midwife and I love her more every time I go. My guys are very uninvolved in this pregnancy and it is so weird. They were so involved last time. I tell myself that it is because of the cancer and the fact that they have two year old twins but honestly it doesn't help alot. They never ask about the baby and in turn that makes it seem like I am the only person who cares about the baby. I feel myself being more attached to this one simply because I feel bad for him/her that his dads are not very interested. And that worries me because I know how emotional the first few weeks after surrogacy are anyway and I don't want it to hurt any more than it normall does. I just feel so.....well I honestly don't know how I feel. I am tired of worrying about the birth and the guys. I thought that by having a baby for two men I would be able to escape all the emotional crap but I guess not. One day at a time as they say, right? I am sure that once the guys are over here they will be very interested....they are just busy.

The kids.....the 12 year olds are awesome. The rest......well yeah. Next subject.

The job....still there but only working about 42 hours a week. Yay. I don't know if I will stay forever or quit next week. Indecisive much?

We have had an attack of fleas in our house. We sprayed the house, bathed the cat, forced pills down the cat, sprayed the cat, put frontline on the cat. Finally the battle has been won but I am not sure about the war. I hate fleas. Hate them. Our poor cat will probably grow a second head from the amount of flea treatment that we put on it but hey.....desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

It has been hotter than the seventh circle of hell here lately. 100 degrees and humid is horrid at any time but when you are hauling around your own personal furnace (aka Cletus the Fetus) it is downright miserable. Throw in the fact that I work in an ethanol plant with two dryers at 500 and 700 degrees, and you begin to understand my hatred of summer. If I could shoot the sun from the sky I would. I am sick of sweating and ready for fall.

The kids go back to school in another week and a half. Joe is quite ready I think. Since he is the house parent he is the one terrorized in the summer. Better him than me. I had my years as the stay at home parent.

I guess that is it. No funny stories. No quirky insights into life. I don't really understand much of anything anymore so I won't try to explain it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment