Sunday, August 15, 2010

Moving right along

Wow we are 25 weeks and a few days pregnant already. How did that happen? I am starting to look pregnant but still feel really good. The working is not bothering me yet. Last time at this point the jerk of a perinatologist already had me in the hospital on bedrest even though I knew then as I know now that there was no reason for it. Granted that was twins but I worked until 34 weeks with the first set of twins with no problem whatsoever. I have somewhat of a chip on my shoulder this time and want to prove to myself and my agency and my RE that the peri was just an overcautious nut last time. So far not a single contraction this time so yay for small victories. Last time he just kept saying my cervix was short and I just kept saying that maybe it was always short. In the end, he finally admitted that I might be right when I was taken off bedrest and carried for a few more weeks and delivered full term twins. But I still feel like I have something to prove. Hopefully this baby and I stay healthy so we can work up until I go into labor at 42 weeks.

L-O has had four rounds of chemo now. He goes in early September for testing to see if the chemo is working. I guess that depending on those results we will know if he is able to come for the birth or not. I hope that the cancer is completely gone but I don't know how likely that is.

Kids are all still here and doing about the same. We will leave it at that.

I have started doing yoga again every day. I hadn't realized how stiff and inflexible I had become but the yoga is definitely helping. We still walk every morning also and I do my 100 crunches (getting more difficult now that Cletus is in the way) and 20 pushups daily. I have talked my hubby into starting P90X with me on December 15th and I plan to start a triathalon training program at the end of March. Since this is my last pregnancy (theoretically anyway) I can't wait to drop back down to the 120 that I weighed 5 years ago before I got a hair up my ass to populate the globe with babies for gay men. 5 years and 5 babies later, I figure to be about 165 when I deliver this ESS so that will be 45 pounds to lose. Egads. But it can be done.

I will be pumping for a week or so for this baby and then an additional month to store the milk for my grandkids (did I mention that the stepdaughter is preggo with twins?...don't ask) and then I am putting all reproductive and lactating functions into permanent retirement (theoretically).

So that's it. I have just stuffed yet another salad down my craw when what I really wanted was some chocolate cake and I'm heading off to put the kids to bed and go to bed myself.

Happy gestating to all.

1 comment:

  1. Um, not sure if you should still be doing crunches at this stage, I can't remember off hand what I've read about it, but just an FYI.

    And since I'm no longer gestating babies, I'm starting P90X in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete