Sunday, February 6, 2011


I hate making decisions, especially big ones. I tend to postpone decisions until I am forced to make one which, as you can imagine, is not always good. So it comes as no surprise that I'm having trouble deciding whether to quit my job or not. And I'm sure my poor readers are getting sick to death of me writing about my inability to make this decision. But you see, tied up into the decision of whether to quit or not is another huge decision, whether I am retired from surrogacy or not. If I quit, then I lose my insurance which has no surrogacy exclusion and a low deductible. I can buy private health insurance if I quit but in MO, you can no longer buy private health insurance with maternity benefits (thank you for that health reform are making things SO much better). So if I quit my job, I also quit surrogacy. I have been pondering doing one more surrogacy and then quitting my job. If I do my medical screening in June or July and then match and then transfer, hopefully I would be matched by September, transfer in Dec or Jan, deliver in the Sept 2012, and then retire. That would mean working at my job another year and a half which is certainly do-able. I like my job and my co-workers, I just dislike some of their attitudes towards me since I was a surrogate and I dislike the 50 hour weeks.

Speaking of my job, we just won the award for best QC program of the 26 plants in our company. We rule.

1 comment:

  1. That's totally crazy that you can't buy private health insurance with maternity benefits! I'm pretty sure the health care law won't survive the Supreme Court, but that's at least a year down the road. Not sure what to tell you, since I'm pretty content being done with surrogacy, but then, I'm staring down the barrel of 40 and still single, so I have other things on my mind!