Sunday, June 2, 2013

Done and content to be that way

So here I am 3.5 months postpartum.  Usually by now the hormones are raging and my uterus is begging me to please, for the love of God, find some suitable gay men to get pregnant for already.  I don't know what is different this time.  Is the perfect journey I had last time?  Is it just a general sense of contentment?  Is it the fact that I'm 865 years old and have had eleventy seven babies?  I don't honestly know.  I just know that not only do I feel done, I feel ok and even great about being done.  Thank heavens.  I honestly was starting to worry that I would have to commit myself or cut out a body part to ever be ok with being done with surrogacy.

Life is good here.  I still continue to get updates from the guys about my last four surrogate babies.  I don't hear much about the first set of twins but it was never as personal of a relationship and I'm ok with that.  We exchange e-mails once a year, I send birthday presents on their birthday, and sometimes he sends pictures.  It's enough. 

Our latest adventure around here occurred when boy #3 shut his fingers in a friends' car door.  He was not home at the time but came right back and we hustled him off to the ER.  We were thinking his hand was broken but thankfully it was just (just?) a hairline fracture of his pinkie finger.  He had to splint it for a week and then buddy tape it for another and then hopefully all will be well.  Follow up xrays will be done in a week or so if the doctor thinks they are necessary.  This grand adventure has cost us 1800 dollars so far (gotta love those deductibles and out of pocket maximums on the insurance don't you?) and we are still waiting on the radiologists bills.  The most important thing is that he is ok and will have no long term effects. 

On the topic of hemorrhaging money, boy #2 crashed his bike into a car.  709 dollars later the car is whole again.  Needless to say, boy #2 owes me a TON of slave labor this summer.  Not a week later his phone died.  More cash hemorrhaging.  More slave labor to be done.  Gotta love kids.  Boy #3's phone is also about to die but he is almost due for an upgrade so hopefully it will hang on until then. 

We are FINALLY getting a new roof in a few weeks.  Boy #2 and I have repaired it numerous times and it just won't stop leaking now.  We took out a loan to get a new roof because we don't feel like we can wait any longer or the whole thing might cave in on us. 

So yeah...that's our life.  It's not perfect but it's pretty darn close.  We are all happy and mostly healthy and it just doesn't get much better than that.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. After just completing my first journey 5.5 months ago- I totally know what you mean about feeling the need to give someone else babies! :) I am also very glad to hear that you have a content feeling and know that you are done. What amazing, awesome gifts you have given!

    ReplyDelete