Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wow what a week

This past week has been insane...and not all in a good way. Allow me to re-cap.

Last weekend, DH and I had no kids so we went to the zoo. We walked around for hours and it gave us a glimpse of what life will be like after the kids are grown. I think we both liked that glimpse. DH has been a parent for 20 years and I have for 18. By the time we are "done" (yeah I are never really done) but but the time they are all 18, DH will have parented for 25 years and I for 23. And we have five kids. Egads.

Speaking of never being done, fast forward to Wednesday. DH went with girl #2 who is 20 weeks preggo to find out the sex of our first grandchild. (This is the same daughter that lost twins at 19 weeks last year...and yes I get that those are my grandkids too, it's just easier to say that this is our first rather than saying this is our first living. Not trying to forget those two or be insensitive). Anywho, she found out that she's having a girl (Oh the pink that I'm gonna buy). That evening she and her boyfriend got into a huge fight, precipitated I think by his extremely cold feet...which were precipitated by his actually seeing the baby on the ultrasounds. Anywho he kicked her out and she moved in with us. Sure, yeah, why not, right? The more the merrier. We began fixing up the back house for her to move into (she moved in there last night....thank you Heavenly Father for giving me my own house back). Did I mention that she babysits? So for a few days we had her and a crabby nine month old. But hey, she's our kid and she's trying to do right. She starts college in the fall and we were going to babysit anyway...this just means the baby will be right out my back door.

That same night, boy #1, who we kicked out for good a few months ago and had not heard from in many months, was finally arrested for a charge that might earn him some jail time. I know it sounds bad to be wishing for jail but I just don't know what else will get through to him. We have tried absolutely everything else and now that he's an adult, we don't see him or have anything to do with him because of the horrible choices he is making. I hate to think of him in jail but the way he is going he will be dead in less than a year. I have not heard from him since he was arrested. I do know he has a fairly high bond and I don't think he'll be able to post it but you never know. The people he was "working" for have deep pockets and if they want him out, he'll get out.

Like I said...not a great week but yet it was. girl #2 is alive and well and so is grandbaby #1 (or 3). Boy #1 is safe and sober for the first time in a LONG time.

Not much else to tell. We are dog sitting this weekend. This is a basketball weekend. We go on vacation in a few weeks. In less than 2 months I am transferring. I won't put an exact date yet because I don't like to advertise when we will be out of town. Daycare is arranged for the kids and DH and I are relishing a few days out of town together. That's about it. DH is still laid off from work but will hopefully be starting back about when the kids go to school.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had your fill. I don't have any encouraging words for you, but that you are a great mother for being there for your daughter and granddaughter and even learning how to step back and let your son make his mistakes must be tough, but you are taking it well. Sounds like things are getting going for you, and WOW, I can't believe you've given birth about 10 times! WOW! And still clean as a whistle, nice!