Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why I'm a surrogate

If you tuned into this post to see a wad of cash, sorry to disappoint you. If you tuned in to see my face on the cover of a magazine, oops....not here. Surrogacy is not about money. It's not about fame. It's about people just like you and I who thought they couldn't have babies....and now they have babies. It's about a new generation for a family who thought there would never be one. It's about dads and moms smiling through the exhaustion of new parenthood because even though they are exhausted and are covered in baby slime, there's nothing that they would change. For the surrogate, it's about opening up your email on a thoroughly crappy day, a day filled with late homework assignments for kids and explosions in the lab (crap did I really just add those two chemicals to each other) and finding a simple email from someone who has changed your life as much as you have changed theirs. Below are my surrobubbas. They are not my children but I grew them in my heart so that their parents could experience the joys of parenting. I do not regret a single moment of the last six years. I never will


4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this post. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well spoken and straight from the heart. What beautiful little children that look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those beautiful kids! I love the days when I unexpectedly get pics. :)

    ReplyDelete