Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The perfect job?

Do you have your perfect job? I always thought I did. Until I looked up one day and realized that I hadn't seen my kids in three years. I work ALOT. And I drive an hour each day (30 min each way) to do that work. So I end up being gone from home a minimum of 50 hours a week. Sometimes it's more like 60. Now don't get me wrong. The money is great. I live in an area of the country where you can live on 9 bucks an hour and I make 15. I know that 15 would not go anywhere in a larger town but around here.....we are not rich but we are more comfortable than we have ever been. And I get that I should just simmer down, go to work, and enjoy the money. Who cares if I only see my kids on the weekend. Who cares? I care. So today I am applying for a part time job in my town. It is 20 hours a week. It is a block from my house. It is not in my field and I'm sure it's somewhere around 8 bucks an hour. And I don't care. I miss my kids. I miss being in town when things are open. I miss my husband. So I will give up the things that have suddenly appeared in my life (the new car, etc) in exchange for having my life. I really hope I get it. The hardest part will be telling my current job that I'm leaving. I am a bad quitter. Very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment