Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The wet t-shirt contest

Ok....so I'm what is referred to as a geriatric surrogate. Granted, I'm only 38, but in the surrogacy world, that is OLD. And I find that each pregnancy makes me more and more tired. Now this could be due to the fact that I work about 45 to 50 hours a week. Or it could be due to the fact that I'm OLD. Take your pick. Anywho, last night I turned the sprinkler on in my garden at around 8:30 pm. I meant to turn it off around 9. Instead I fell into the dreamless sleep of and old person that has spent ten hours on her feet at work, cooked, cleaned, done laundry, parented 85 million (give or take a million) kids, and grown a fetus. I awoke at 1:15 to the sound of thunder and realized I had left the sprinkler on. So I go outside in my white t-shirt and my hubby's boxers to turn it off. It was raining and the clothes on the line were soaked so I retrieved them also. I stumbled back into the house, stripped off the wet clothes, put on a t-shirt and fell back into bed. That is how my day started. So now it is 5:30 pm and I should be cooking and cleaning and all I can do is sit here and type. I'm exhausted from another day on my feet (for those of you that think lab techs get a lab stool to sit on....you are wrong. We stand all day every day) and just want to go to bed. Oh well. In seven more months I won't be old and pregnant, I'll just be old. And wishing I could be pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment